Talentedhands

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Happy birthday, Albert


Today would have been my brother Albert's 30th birthday. Every year, I celebrate the day that began his life, and do something to keep his memory alive.

The photo above was taken in 2003, shortly before Albert's 27th birthday. It was the last time I saw him before he killed himself a month later. Nobody knows why he did it, and I've learned to stop asking why. Instead, I remember how much I loved him.

As much as I miss my brother, I have to remember that he's just one among thousands. More than 30,000 people die from suicide in the U.S. every year, and hundreds of thousands are left to live with their loss. This year, I've made a donation in Albert's memory to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.

As I celebrate my brother's life, I hope and pray that if there's another guy like Albert out there, he will remember how much his friends and family love him.

Happy birthday, Albert.

1 Comments:

  • Happy Birthday Albert. Wish you were around to officially meet your niece, but I know your sister will keep your memory alive and tell Roxy alllll about you.

    - Susan

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counters
free hit counters