News in brief
We have family visiting from Illinois, so I’ll be brief. This is good, because I don’t have anything profound to report.
Almost exactly one year ago, Dan and I took on the task of painting the soon-to-be-born Roxanne’s room, and griped our way through the challenges of dripping paint, cleaning brushes, and sore muscles. This year, we apparently lost our minds and decided to paint Dan’s son’s room. Again with the drips, fumes, etc. Oy. Plus, we had the deadline of the aforementioned family’s arrival, so we had to be quick about it. And once again this year, I got paint in my hair.
Neither Roxanne nor I were feeling our best this weekend (we have GI problems that seem to be resolving today), but we rallied on Saturday to attend Miss S’ baby shower, hosted by TOWWAS and GDog. Most baby showers feature at least one dorky game, but this party’s game was quite intelligent. It was kind of “Who Wants to be a Millionaire” style, with the guest of honor as the contestant, and all the questions about babies. Did you know that babies are born without kneecaps? Neither did I.
On Sunday, I went to the last hour of the Revels’ Community Sing, which was basically a bunch of folks singing outdoors in a lovely park. It’s always great to see my Revels friends, and it felt good to sing. Revels is really stepping up the year-round events, which is very cool, and very much in the spirit of its founders.
Roxanne seems to barely notice her new G-tube, and if she wasn’t recovering from a stomach bug, I think she’d be almost 100% back to her normal activities. Did I mention she’s full-out crawling now? And opening drawers to empty the contents.
Doesn’t she look great without all that stuff on her face?
Almost exactly one year ago, Dan and I took on the task of painting the soon-to-be-born Roxanne’s room, and griped our way through the challenges of dripping paint, cleaning brushes, and sore muscles. This year, we apparently lost our minds and decided to paint Dan’s son’s room. Again with the drips, fumes, etc. Oy. Plus, we had the deadline of the aforementioned family’s arrival, so we had to be quick about it. And once again this year, I got paint in my hair.
Neither Roxanne nor I were feeling our best this weekend (we have GI problems that seem to be resolving today), but we rallied on Saturday to attend Miss S’ baby shower, hosted by TOWWAS and GDog. Most baby showers feature at least one dorky game, but this party’s game was quite intelligent. It was kind of “Who Wants to be a Millionaire” style, with the guest of honor as the contestant, and all the questions about babies. Did you know that babies are born without kneecaps? Neither did I.
On Sunday, I went to the last hour of the Revels’ Community Sing, which was basically a bunch of folks singing outdoors in a lovely park. It’s always great to see my Revels friends, and it felt good to sing. Revels is really stepping up the year-round events, which is very cool, and very much in the spirit of its founders.
Roxanne seems to barely notice her new G-tube, and if she wasn’t recovering from a stomach bug, I think she’d be almost 100% back to her normal activities. Did I mention she’s full-out crawling now? And opening drawers to empty the contents.
Doesn’t she look great without all that stuff on her face?

7 Comments:
Have I mentioned before, that is one cute baby? Thanks for rallying and coming to the shower! K619's game rocked!
By
towwas, at 7:40 AM
Roxy says: I has a bukkit!
By
Anonymous, at 4:04 PM
That is just about the cutest baby in a bucket that I have ever seen.
...
Err... Not that I've seen a lot of babies in buckets, of course.
It was great seeing you on Sunday, by the way!
By
Anonymous, at 6:55 PM
I'm in ur bukkit, waiting for ur walruses.
By
towwas, at 11:00 PM
What an absolutely BEAUTIFUL baby!!! Such a cutie!
By
Anonymous, at 9:46 AM
I haven't checked the blog in a while - what a nice morning of photos and stories! Thanks. She is looking as cute as ever.
-Susan
By
Anonymous, at 10:37 AM
I'm not saying the walruses are coming for her, but just keep an eye out:
http://icanhascheezburger.com/2007/01/14/i-has-a-bucket/
http://icanhascheezburger.com/2007/04/11/you-stoled-mah-bukket/
and, most threateningly for Roxy:
http://icanhascheezburger.com/2007/04/05/mah-bucket/
By
towwas, at 10:51 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home