White
Roxanne is white. Very white.
I was running errands yesterday, and it was bright and sunny outside. Roxy was in her car seat, wearing a short outfit to keep her cool. After about 20 minutes of driving, I parked, went to take her out and saw that her left arm and leg were starting to turn pink! Through the window! A window that was dirty with pollen! Ack!
I promptly bought one of those sunshades for the window nearest her car seat. Today I'm prepared. Today? Cloudy.
I was running errands yesterday, and it was bright and sunny outside. Roxy was in her car seat, wearing a short outfit to keep her cool. After about 20 minutes of driving, I parked, went to take her out and saw that her left arm and leg were starting to turn pink! Through the window! A window that was dirty with pollen! Ack!
I promptly bought one of those sunshades for the window nearest her car seat. Today I'm prepared. Today? Cloudy.

3 Comments:
Ack indeed! That's some seriously sensitive skin! Anyway, you can burn through clouds, too.
By
towwas, at 3:57 PM
*smile* You don't need to worry about Roxy getting a sunburn through the car window, because I can guarantee that UV rays DO NOT penetrate glass.
Clouds, yes; glass, no.
how do I know? *sigh* Because for 5 years I have *wished that they did*, because it would make my work SO much easier.
But they don't. Really: I can show you wavelength scans that prove it.
So, the redness on her arm was probably just from heat (infrared) rays. Summer came quick this year -- we had, what, maybe 4 days of spring?
*hugs*
By
Anonymous, at 11:45 AM
It was so cool to see Roxy at the show yesterday! Yay Roxy!
By
towwas, at 10:52 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home