Talentedhands

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Medical-free zone

I’ve been putting off blogging this week. I have some minor updates about Roxanne’s feeding tube/eating situation, but I’m just sick and tired of writing about medical stuff. So instead, the trivial: I bought a highchair.

I went to Babies R Us, picked out a model that looked small enough to fit in our kitchen, and discovered they were sold out. A similar model was available, but the seat cushion was covered in fabric, not vinyl. Um, excuse me? Have you noticed that babies tend to get creative with the placement of their food? Fabric? Is it dry clean only, too?

Anyway, I was able to buy the floor model of the highchair I wanted, at a discount, and BONUS! I didn’t have to put it together. Yeah! One more huge plastic device with snap-together parts would have put me over the edge. (Wait, that sounds a lot more provocative than I meant it to.)



I also bought a dress for Roxy to wear to J & K’s wedding (which is today!) Not one of those scary stiff ones, with all the pouf and scratchy lace, but a nice cotton dress that looks comfy and dressy. Dan says it looks like something I would wear myself.



Roxy looks cute in everything, including her new highchair. Oh yeah, if you look carefully you can see her new teeth on the bottom. The perfect accessory.

7 Comments:

  • Teef!!

    By Blogger towwas, at 3:55 PM  

  • Looking so pretty and grown up (well, for a baby) in her new chair! And yay you for eschewing the bouf. Hope you and Dan had fun at the wedding. Say congrats for me the next time you speak to them.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:30 AM  

  • Wow ... she is looking JUST ADORABLE these days! What a cutie. I bet she's loving sitting up.

    Did you get my email with all the swallow stuff in it?

    Love to you ... KK

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:27 PM  

  • A baby... WOW! Congratulations. She looks happy in the picts.

    Not to be expected from the girl I knew in HS and College.

    Been WAY to long.

    Your ex-pen pal (remember letters?) ex-workout buddy, ex-guy with the ferret, "Roach" to your brother.

    Take care of yourself.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:06 AM  

  • D.R. -- wow! A blast from the past! How did you find me? I'd love to chat via email, but don't want to post my address here. Can you give me yours?

    By Blogger Talentedhands, at 7:45 AM  

  • I created a throw away account so we could catch up
    tempemail4th@yahoo.com
    It will selfdestruct after your first email.

    Roach

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:43 AM  

  • Is she wearing the dress in the photo? It's rather obscured by the bib... Post the dress!

    By Blogger Annie, at 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counters
free hit counters