Talentedhands

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Friends + warm weather = : )

I hear that the blogosphere is clamoring for more photos of Roxanne. Your wish shall be granted.

I haven’t written lately, because things with Roxanne have been blissfully (dare I say it?) calm. No seizures. In fact, let’s assume she hasn’t had any unless I say otherwise, shall we? Roxanne is, at this moment, sitting in her bouncy chair next to my computer desk, drooling and whacking the crap out of her “ring o’ monkeys” toy. It doesn’t make for riveting journalism, but it makes a good life!

Roxy still has the feeding tube, and some folks I know seem way more anxious about getting it out than I am. Her swallow study is next week, and frankly, my expectations are low. She hasn’t eaten anything by mouth in four months, and she’s totally uninterested in sucking on pacifiers. Even if she is able to swallow, she may not be too keen on the whole eating thing. We’ll see what happens.

Dan, Roxy and I been spending a lot of time with friends lately, which I just love. Thanks to the warm weather (which I also love), I was able to go for a walk on the W & OD trail with KJM and her son, who is about Roxanne’s age. (By the way, I feel very mommyish with a stroller, and even more so when there are two moms. And yet, I still try to be cool.) We went to JE’s house for Sunday brunch with the adorable G & SH family. This week, the soon-to-be-married J & K came over for dinner, and Dan grilled up some deliciousness. And last night, MM and her husband brought me more of those amazing cupcakes from Chicago!

Today, I think we're going to Paddington Station to get some warm-weather clothes for Roxy. When I got home from work yesterday, Roxy looked hot in her long sleeves, so I dug out the only short outfit that still fits (barely). I was clueless about what size Roxanne would be when the weather changed, so I’m in reactive mode. Oh yeah, I need a hat for her bald head, too.

2 Comments:

  • Tie dye baby!

    Oh, LOOK how pretty and happy she is!

    By Blogger Wendy, at 9:52 AM  

  • Oh my g-d. Did you make that out of your *Hair* tee? How would it be if you added gloves and some tiny pumps?

    I'm so happy that life has calmed down! I'm sure the swallow study will be helpful.

    Have a great weekend! Hope to see you soon.
    Wade

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counters
free hit counters