Talentedhands

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

MRI

Last night amidst predictions of ice! snow! freezing rain! I was concerned that we might not be able to get to Children’s for Roxy's pre-op MRI. No MRI, no surgery on Thursday. But we made it. When we left home this morning, there weren't too many other cars on the road, so that made the commute into DC easier. Dan drove.

As before, Roxanne did fine under anesthesia for the MRI, and they got the images they needed, with the feducials (markers) in place. What I didn’t know is that she has to keep those markers on her head until tomorrow's surgery, so she looks a little strange. They look like light green Life Savers stuck strategically around the top of her head.

We also had a long meeting with her neurosurgeon to ask questions about the procedure tomorrow, and get more details about exactly what will be happening when. The surgery is scheduled to begin at 8:30am. The set-up period is about an hour, the surgery itself can take 4 to 6 hours, and the wrap-up is about a half hour. So tomorrow is going to be a very long day. Then she’ll be in ICU for at least 24 hours.

Thank you to those who have been sending love. We really appreciate it.

4 Comments:

  • Big loud prayers going up!

    A photo of the Lifesaver look is really needed Jen...

    Love,

    Susan

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:18 PM  

  • Wow! Long day. I'm so glad this nasty weather of insanity didn't interfere with the MRI!! I just spent an hour outside shoveling slush/ice. You know that was? Uncool.

    By Blogger towwas, at 5:20 PM  

  • I hope everything goes well--we're sending good vibes!

    By Blogger Tunnies, at 8:13 AM  

  • Sending the LLUUUVVV!

    And heapin' helpin's o' healin'

    JCC (just a little apostrophe crazy today :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counters
free hit counters