Next
I don't know if it was my clothes, but the meeting with Dr. P. went very well. He seemed interested in Roxanne's case, and called me two days later to recommend another MRI of Roxy's brain, this time high resolution. As Dr. Y had noticed on last October's MRI, Roxanne seems to have an area in the right lobe of her brain that is abnormal, that could be the cause of her seizures. (Note: The folks at Johns Hopkins have YET to review Roxy's October MRI. Dr. P's rapid response is astounding!)
Roxy's MRI is tomorrow at Children's Hospital in DC. She'll have to be sedated, because she's too wiggly to get the images they need. I hate the idea of anesthesia, but this is too important to get hung up on the details.
Next week, we have an appointment with a pediatric neurosurgeon at Children's to discuss the option of surgery for Roxanne, depending on what the MRI shows.
Oh yeah, my mom leaves on Wednesday. Send me strength.
Roxy's MRI is tomorrow at Children's Hospital in DC. She'll have to be sedated, because she's too wiggly to get the images they need. I hate the idea of anesthesia, but this is too important to get hung up on the details.
Next week, we have an appointment with a pediatric neurosurgeon at Children's to discuss the option of surgery for Roxanne, depending on what the MRI shows.
Oh yeah, my mom leaves on Wednesday. Send me strength.

3 Comments:
Well, three cheers for doctors being interested!
By
towwas, at 5:20 PM
Strength!
I'm glad the Doctors were interested, and will continue to send love and support Roxie's way. But I'll remember to leave her alone if she falls asleep on my knee, and not to try to turn her around :D
BTW, I just finished up the last of the pasta from Friday night. It was dinner yesterday and lunch today. Gotta love Maggiano's!
JCC
By
Anonymous, at 6:00 PM
Sending lots of good thoughts your way. Strength for you, healing for Roxy and curiousity for the Docs to keep them on top of the case!
See you all Friday!
By
Anonymous, at 9:08 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home