Keep your fingers crossed
There's a possibility that we might get to take Roxanne home this weekend. Please send your thoughts, prayers and good mojo, because I'm going completely nuts in the hospital.
Staying at the hospital is similar to what I've heard living in prison is like. You have no privacy, no full darkness for sleeping, no quiet, and plenty of unpleasant surprises. You can't leave until a staff of people say you are allowed to do so, and before you do, you become invisible. People can pop in and out of your living space at will and do just about anything they want to you, unless you are smart and strong enough to fight back.
Today I became full-out Bitch Mommy. I'm sick of being in the hospital and I've called for a group meeting of her doctors (planned for tomorrow afternoon) to explain exactly what progress needs to happen for Roxanne to be set free. I've asked again and again for days and days what plans need to be put in place for caring for her at home (equipment, etc.), what milestones she needs to achieve, and until today, I've been ignored. Today, I started ranting at about 8:00am, and didn't stop until I had a moderate level of satisfaction, at about 2:00pm. Progress has been made. I dare them to mess with me tomorrow.
Staying at the hospital is similar to what I've heard living in prison is like. You have no privacy, no full darkness for sleeping, no quiet, and plenty of unpleasant surprises. You can't leave until a staff of people say you are allowed to do so, and before you do, you become invisible. People can pop in and out of your living space at will and do just about anything they want to you, unless you are smart and strong enough to fight back.
Today I became full-out Bitch Mommy. I'm sick of being in the hospital and I've called for a group meeting of her doctors (planned for tomorrow afternoon) to explain exactly what progress needs to happen for Roxanne to be set free. I've asked again and again for days and days what plans need to be put in place for caring for her at home (equipment, etc.), what milestones she needs to achieve, and until today, I've been ignored. Today, I started ranting at about 8:00am, and didn't stop until I had a moderate level of satisfaction, at about 2:00pm. Progress has been made. I dare them to mess with me tomorrow.

2 Comments:
Oh my god. You got a bunch of doctors to agree to a group meeting? On your terms? You really are Bitch Mommy. Also, my hero.
By
towwas, at 12:28 AM
THe internet ate my original amusing and pithy comments and sincere words of support. I'll just say now - YOU GO GIRL! Hope you get the results you need and get home soon.
By
Anonymous, at 5:03 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home