Talentedhands

Friday, January 12, 2007

Waiting for news

Roxanne had her MRI at Children's Hospital last Tuesday. The whole process took far longer than I expected, based on previous experience. We arrived at about 9:30am and left around 3:30pm. Roxanne was sedated for about an hour (we think) and came out of it well.

I have yet to hear what showed up on the MRI. Dr. P said he would take the results to the epilepsy team at Children's to determine next steps. Being impatient, I want to know NOW. Yesterday.

My mom left on Wednesday, and I've received some very kind emails and calls from friends checking in. In a nutshell, I'm doing OK. It's a strange period of limbo, but Roxanne is taking it in stride, so I guess I will, too. The good news is she's sleeping pretty well, so I'm not as frazzled as I used to be when I took the night shift.

One way or another, Roxanne will be having surgery soon, and I'm trying not to freak out about it. She might have neurosurgery soon, depending on what the MRI showed. If not, she will need the g-tube and fundoplication soon. Either way, I'm mentally pacing the floors day and night.

2 Comments:

  • Good luck with the surgeons this week! It was great to see you tonight.

    By Blogger towwas, at 12:06 AM  

  • *HUGS*

    JCC

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counters
free hit counters