Talentedhands

Monday, January 15, 2007

Weekend report

This weekend was noteworthy because something strange and rare occurred. I went out both Friday and Saturday nights! On Friday, Dan and I left Roxy in the very capable hands of Fencergal and her guy, and went to see Eddie from Ohio at The Birchmere with Dan's son. The concert was more mellow than the last time we saw EFO at Wolf Trap, and as always, the performance was wonderful.

On Saturday night, I went to Miss S's twelfth night party (despite the fact that twelfth night was last weekend). The idea is that after we all eat and socialize, each partygoer provides some kind of entertainment for the group. Most of us are singers, so there were lots of lovely songs, some with guitar. There were some poems as well, and TOWWAS showed off one of her crafty scarves. I sang Regretting What I Said... by Christine Lavin, the same song I auditioned with for the Revels this year. It felt really good to be out at a party, hanging out with all my Revels friends, and singing. Still, I went home pretty early. Roxanne gets me up early in the morning and, well, I just missed her.

We only got some vague news about the MRI last week. Our neurologist said his team was able to see the area of dysplasia on her brain, but they need more time to decide if the margins need to be defined by additional testing. I have a meeting with the neurosurgeon this week, so I hope we will hear more then.

I also have a meeting with the GI surgeon this week. I don't know which surgery will take place first, but if the neurosurgery is several months in the future, we'll need to move forward with getting the G-tube and nissen fairly soon. Roxy has already had her ND tube for over a month, and it shouldn't stay in for much longer.

Although she has a lot of doctors appointments, Roxanne is doing really well. Some days, she only has one or two seizures, other days, many more. But she's still our happy, smiling, laughing girl, through it all.


2 Comments:

  • I like the picture. It's definitely Happy! Baby! Roxie!

    We need to figure out a time for bodywork ... possibly this Sunday? Let's talk :)

    JCC

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:21 PM  

  • Yessirree. That is one cute baby.

    By Blogger towwas, at 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counters
free hit counters