Talentedhands

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I'm back

Yes, I know I previously admonished bloggers who don’t update often. Mea culpa.

Roxy is doing well. She is right on the verge of crawling – she gets on all fours and rocks. Plus, she sits up well for long periods and scoots along the floor on her butt. Can I also mention that she sleeps with her butt in the air? CUTE.

I’m doing well, too. I’m trying to work a couple of days a week, when I can find babysitters. Lately, things seem to be coming more into balance. This is good. Roxy and I took a road trip last week to visit my aunt and cousin up in Pennsylvania. We had a great time with the family, and the change of scenery was very welcome.

Along those lines, we’re going to visit Dan’s family in Illinois this week. It will be Roxanne’s first plane trip, and frankly, I’m nervous that she’ll scream her head off. But she is always full of surprises, so maybe she’ll be fine.

As of now, Roxanne is still dependent on her feeding tube, so we decided to schedule the G-tube surgery for her on July 9th. I think the whole eating orally thing is going to be a long haul, and the NG tube isn’t helping. I’ve been looking into intensive feeding programs – they are sort of like going to a rehab hospital after surgery – where Roxanne would have feeding therapy 3-4 times a day for a couple of weeks. There is one associated with UVA Hospital that looks promising, but we’re still exploring our options.

I need to get packed for our trip. Here’s our girl.

4 Comments:

  • Yay update!! At my college reunion this weekend, best-friend-from-college J.Vo was asking how you're doing and why you haven't updated lately. You have a responsibility to your public, my girl. Even the ones who don't know your name.

    By Blogger towwas, at 11:19 AM  

  • Yeah, I just barely escaped the "Dude. Update." adminition myself, but I'm just glad that things were going well during your "break."

    Rox is getting cuter and cuter.

    By Blogger Leta, at 1:09 PM  

  • Have a great trip!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:04 PM  

  • She's just the cutest!
    Bring her to pensacola next!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counters
free hit counters