Literature and viruses
Everybody in my house has a cold. Dan has it the worst, with the terrible congestion and feeling like he’s been hit by a bus. My cold is on its last legs, so I’m just tired. Roxanne is somewhere in the middle, and had one heck of a rough night last Friday.
On Friday night, Dan and I put Roxanne to bed, and I went to Fencergal’s house for a book-swap party. All the attendees were avid readers and female, and we each brought at least one book to swap. Fencergal had a yummy array of hors devours and lots of drinks, and after the group socialized for awhile, we gathered for the main event. We each briefly described the books we brought, then drew numbers to see who would pick first from the batch o’ books. I took notes to help me remember which I wanted -- there were about 40 books on the table, and I didn’t want to linger too long on my turn. The group had two rounds of drawing numbers and picking books, then broke for more refreshments and chat. (There were 3 other moms there with kids around one year old, including my dear friend L.P. What a surprise!)
As we returned for round 3, my phone rang. I answered to hear a miserable-sounding Dan with Roxanne wailing in the background. After telling Dan where to find the baby Tylenol, I rushed home right away. Roxanne was congested, uncomfortable, and angry about the whole thing. I can relate. Dan was sick, too, so I was up with Roxanne till about 2:00am, when she finally fell asleep (mostly). The good news is she’s getting better, and I expect she’ll be back to herself soon.
Here she is, pre-cold, post-bath:
On Friday night, Dan and I put Roxanne to bed, and I went to Fencergal’s house for a book-swap party. All the attendees were avid readers and female, and we each brought at least one book to swap. Fencergal had a yummy array of hors devours and lots of drinks, and after the group socialized for awhile, we gathered for the main event. We each briefly described the books we brought, then drew numbers to see who would pick first from the batch o’ books. I took notes to help me remember which I wanted -- there were about 40 books on the table, and I didn’t want to linger too long on my turn. The group had two rounds of drawing numbers and picking books, then broke for more refreshments and chat. (There were 3 other moms there with kids around one year old, including my dear friend L.P. What a surprise!)
As we returned for round 3, my phone rang. I answered to hear a miserable-sounding Dan with Roxanne wailing in the background. After telling Dan where to find the baby Tylenol, I rushed home right away. Roxanne was congested, uncomfortable, and angry about the whole thing. I can relate. Dan was sick, too, so I was up with Roxanne till about 2:00am, when she finally fell asleep (mostly). The good news is she’s getting better, and I expect she’ll be back to herself soon.
Here she is, pre-cold, post-bath:

3 Comments:
That picture is SO CUTE. What an adorable almost toddler! ;)
By
towwas, at 7:41 PM
Tricksy talentedhands.... Showing cute pictures of a cute baby on your blog. Heh.
Anyway, it's good to see you posting again. Revels next year, maybe? Time to start polishing up my French!
By
Anonymous, at 8:29 AM
my goodness, i think i have a crush on your child.
and i agree with GS. pero, no hablo frances. can either of you help?
By
erin*carly, at 12:30 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home