Talentedhands

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Five questions meme

The lovely and talented Jack sent me the five questions meme. He writes the questions, and I answer them on my blog. I think I'm supposed to ask other people questions now, but I'm too lazy for that.


1. What historical figure's life would you most want to have led, and why? (No changing that person's life - you live it as s/he did.)

I think I need to have read more biographies to answer this one. It seems that most famous historical figures lived lives of great accomplishment, but also great adversity. Is there an historical figure who had a lot of fun and was enormously happy? I’d like to be him/her.

2. At what point in your life did you become essentially the person you are today? (I was going to qualify this one further, but I'll let you answer it as you interpret it).

I believe that the core of who I am was solidified around the time I was in college, but who I am today began a year ago, when Roxanne was born. Being a mom overarches and colors everything else about me, and influences every decision I make.

3. What non-performance type of art would you most want to pursue as a career? Why?

I’d love to be a visual artist, particularly working with textiles and dying, and perhaps weaving. Something about making art from cloth seems very primal.

4. Name a movie that you think is almost perfect, and describe how you would change it to make it perfect.

The Wizard of Oz is nearly perfect, but that scene where Dorothy and friends are being spiffed up to go see the Wizard seems like an add-on. I would delete it.

5. Describe your ideal meal (food, setting, companions, etc.)

My ideal meal would be a dinner outside (about 75 degrees, no humidity, no bugs) with about 10 of my closest friends. The food would consist of about five courses, served over several hours. I haven't figured out exactly what food would be served, but it would be very high quality, and something I could never make for myself at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counters
free hit counters