Upon these stones we will build our barricade...
We've declared a baby-free zone. Our office/computer room was impossible to baby-proof, and Roxanne knew it. Every time she was out of my sight, I would find her at one of our desks, reaching for a mouse, keyboard, cables, or phone.
Enter the mega babygate. We had to mount it about 6 inches from the floor to work around the molding, but we thought, "What the heck? It's such a big visual barrier, that by the time she figures out how to go under it, she'll be too big."
Enter commando baby. In about 10 minutes, she was doing an army-crawl under the gate, got stuck, and got scared. Ha! I figured that would slow her down. I left the room for a moment, and when I came back she was inside the gate, reaching for a keyboard. Ack!
We've temporarily solved the problem with a hunk of wood. If she can slither around that, she deserves to be inside.

I laugh at your gate, mwah ha ha!
Enter the mega babygate. We had to mount it about 6 inches from the floor to work around the molding, but we thought, "What the heck? It's such a big visual barrier, that by the time she figures out how to go under it, she'll be too big."
Enter commando baby. In about 10 minutes, she was doing an army-crawl under the gate, got stuck, and got scared. Ha! I figured that would slow her down. I left the room for a moment, and when I came back she was inside the gate, reaching for a keyboard. Ack!
We've temporarily solved the problem with a hunk of wood. If she can slither around that, she deserves to be inside.
I laugh at your gate, mwah ha ha!

6 Comments:
So cute! So interested in unplugging things! Nice to see you tonight, T.H.!
By
towwas, at 1:36 AM
I guess I should have bought the camo outfit I saw instead of the fairy sweater!
By
Anonymous, at 12:05 PM
i always knew she was a smart cookie . . . just wait until she starts walking. :)
so lovely to see you the other night at Revels! i can't wait for the day we're on stage together. so. much. fun.
By
erin*carly, at 3:56 PM
The mental image of Roxanne doing a low crawl definitely brings a smile to my face.
By
Anonymous, at 12:11 PM
you know, i was looking through photos from a while ago, and i came across this one from may and thought . . . wow, roxy's growing out of 'baby' and into a little lady.
By
erin*carly, at 12:10 PM
argh, the link worked in the preview!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rokstar/487316379/
old school style copy and paste.
By
erin*carly, at 12:11 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home