Talentedhands

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Back from nowhere

TOWWAS demanded more blogging, so I must blog.

Dan and I took an at-home vacation from December 24 to January 7, and mostly just hung out with Roxanne and chilled. It was good. On Christmas day, we drove up to Pennsylvania to see my aunt, uncle, cousin, and her kids. Roxanne raked in the gifts again this year, getting lots of super cool toys that I would never have found and clothes that are more stylish than my own (go, Baby Gap!). I hope I’ve thanked everybody for your generosity, but if I missed anyone, thank you! Roxanne has been having a lot of fun with her new toys and looks way cute in her new outfits.

Roxanne has been rockin’ her new piano from Pop Pop. It has a full octave keyboard that lights up, and even plays chords. Amazing. We’ve been working on the basic solfege (my college friends may now cringe): “do-re, do-mi, do-fa, do-so, do-la, do-ti (Leading tone! Feel the tension!) do-do (Resolution!).” Seriously. I do this. But most of the time, she just freestyles.

Obligatory photo:

Mad piano skilz. She has them.


Over the break, I had the opportunity to spend time with a lot of friends, including MW, a girl who I met during State Fair, the show where I also met this really cute guy named Dan. (In fact, M asked me after a rehearsal, “Do you like Dan?” I think I replied that he seemed very nice, but she was on to me.) M was 10 or 11 years old back then, and had already been on Broadway when I met her. Now she’s a college student … where? Harvard. She has got it going on.

In other news, I’m completely addicted to the series The Wire, thanks to my dealer, RS, who just happens to live in Baltimore. I’ll attempt to talk about this in my next blog, but many critics, including Tom Shales of The Washington Post, have already taken all the good material.

2 Comments:

  • Yayy!! You blogged. And your kid? Still totally cute.

    By Blogger towwas, at 9:17 PM  

  • Adorable clothing, adorable child. Oh, and we are completely addicted to the Wire. We have seen seasons 1-3 and are about to start 4.

    By Blogger Cheryl, at 12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counters
free hit counters