Talentedhands

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Driving Miss Roxanne

I was thinking about Roxanne and her carseat the other day. Kids are allowed to face forward in the car after they are a year old and at least 20 pounds. Although Roxanne met that criteria shortly after her birthday, I left the seat rear-facing because I thought she might lose a lot of weight during food camp. When I was assured her weight was heading up, not down, I turned around the seat, and at the same time, moved the shoulder straps up a notch. I hadn’t realized until then that she was so tall.

I can remember when I couldn’t get the shoulder straps low enough for her, even in the infant carrier carseat.



When she got too long for the infant carseat, she graduated to this one, facing backwards.



And here she is today. Another rite of passage behind us. I know some moms feel melancholy about their little ones getting bigger, but I’m just so happy she’s healthy and strong, I don’t look back very often. Except when she's sitting behind me in the car.


4 Comments:

  • She's so big!!

    By Blogger towwas, at 9:07 AM  

  • The Queen's realm increases!

    JCC

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:28 PM  

  • Wow! Just look at that sprout grow. So cool.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:11 PM  

  • ah ha! pictures, just like you said. i can't believe how big she's gotten. you know, i tell my friends about "roxy, the miracle baby" all the time. my goodness, this blog makes me happy. :)

    By Blogger erin*carly, at 10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counters
free hit counters