Talentedhands

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tube free

Hey! We took out Roxanne's feeding tube last Saturday night!

Dan and I were thinking: hey, it's been over two months since we used the tube, she's eating and drinking like crazy, and heck, we're ready.

The surgeon who put in the tube told us to take it out at home, bandage the area, sit back, and wait for her to heal. If the opening doesn't close up well, then it might need a couple of stiches, but most of the time, kids don't need them. So far, everything looks good!

So Roxanne is tubeless. Boy, has she come a long way.


My mom is trying to trick you, I still have my tube in this photo. (Play along, k?) And check out how well I'm standing. Whooo, me!

6 Comments:

  • Oh my gosh, that's great news! And it's really nice that you're able to take it out at home.

    By Blogger towwas, at 9:31 PM  

  • Yaaaay! It's nice to read happy things from time to time in a journal :)

    Looking forward to seeing you guys soon

    JCC

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:30 AM  

  • That's fantastic! Must feel like a huge weight gone ;-).

    By Blogger Minderella, at 12:46 PM  

  • Congrats to you all! YAY!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:21 PM  

  • oooh, that's such good news. hooray for an eating and drinking child. :)

    By Blogger erin*carly, at 10:39 AM  

  • And I was wondering what would have kept you away from May Revels! Ok, your absence is excused! (Do I sound like a teacher, or what?)

    That's so wonderful! Wow, what a journey it's been!

    Diana

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counters
free hit counters