This is your brain...
This is your brain. This is your brain one year post-op epilepsy surgery. Hm. Not so catchy.
Roxanne had an MRI yesterday at Children's Hospital. Her brain surgery was a year ago on February 15, so the test was a follow up to see how everything looks. We had to arrive at the hospital by 6:30am, which meant waking Roxanne up about 2 hours early. Not cool, but she wasn't as crabby as I expected. She had to be sedated for the procedure, which meant she couldn't eat until after the test was over. Also not cool, and Roxanne signed "eat" almost constantly from the time she woke up, but she wasn't as fussy from hunger as I thought she'd be.
Roxanne recovered very well from the anesthesia, and was perky again within a couple of hours. We met with the neurosurgeon to review the MRI images before we left the hospital, and she was extremely satisfied with how Roxanne has healed. Yay!
We were home from the hospital by 11:30am! That has to be a record for getting in, doing a procedure, meeting with a tightly-booked surgeon, and getting home. I didn't think we'd make it back until about 2pm. Whew.
Roxanne had an MRI yesterday at Children's Hospital. Her brain surgery was a year ago on February 15, so the test was a follow up to see how everything looks. We had to arrive at the hospital by 6:30am, which meant waking Roxanne up about 2 hours early. Not cool, but she wasn't as crabby as I expected. She had to be sedated for the procedure, which meant she couldn't eat until after the test was over. Also not cool, and Roxanne signed "eat" almost constantly from the time she woke up, but she wasn't as fussy from hunger as I thought she'd be.
Roxanne recovered very well from the anesthesia, and was perky again within a couple of hours. We met with the neurosurgeon to review the MRI images before we left the hospital, and she was extremely satisfied with how Roxanne has healed. Yay!
We were home from the hospital by 11:30am! That has to be a record for getting in, doing a procedure, meeting with a tightly-booked surgeon, and getting home. I didn't think we'd make it back until about 2pm. Whew.

5 Comments:
Congrats! Glad to hear that it was good news. And good news promptly delivered.
By
Leta, at 3:14 PM
But how cool is it that she's actually asking to eat now! Yay! A far cry from begging her to eat such a short time ago.
By
Anonymous, at 6:59 PM
BTW, that last comment was me (Diana). Didn't mean to be "anonymous", but I can't seem to comment anymore unless I sign up. Annoying.
By
Anonymous, at 7:01 PM
Yay everything!
By
towwas, at 9:56 PM
That is such excellent news! - Susan
By
Anonymous, at 9:53 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home