Talentedhands

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Oh, THAT.

May, 2007

Subject: Safety Recall N4

Dear Volkswagen Owner,

Volkswagen has decided that a defect ... exists in some [my year, my model] vehicles. The affected vehicles have a brake light switch that may malfunction ... the brake lights could become inoperative or come on and stay on.

Please arrange an appointment to repair this defect without delay...


OK, so I got this letter eight months ago. I skimmed over it, and thought, "Well, if my brake lights stop working, I'll take my car in. Otherwise, I'm busy with a zillion other things. Maybe I won't have to deal with it at all."

If the letter had clearly said, "Hey! If your brake light switch malfunctions, you won't be able to get your car out of 'park' and you'll be stranded in a parking lot somewhere, and you'll have to have your car towed!" maybe I would have listened. But no. And yes, I was stranded, but luckily, in a safe place that wasn't terribly far from my repair shop. And, bonus! Roxanne was home with a sitter who could stay late.

Many thanks to MC who picked me up at the repair shop, took me home and joined me for dinner that night!

All's well that ends well. I just feel like a dork.



My mother was clearly too focused on ME to pay attention to a mere vehicle.

1 Comments:

  • I'm so glad I was available to help out! The chance to get out and be useful, plus the fun company, really helped me out too on a day where I had been really cranky.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counters
free hit counters