Talentedhands

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Goodbye

I’ve been trying to write this blog post for days. I’ve written at least 3 drafts, and each one ended up sounding forced and false. My Uncle Roy died. He’s my mom’s sister’s husband, and there is so much to say about him, and how his family intertwined with mine, that I just can’t capture it all.

I’m sad he’s gone, and I’m sad that my family is sad. But I’m happy, too, because Roxanne and I were able to spend time with my aunt, mom, brother and cousins, who I love and miss.

Uncle Roy died of pancreatic cancer just 6 weeks after it was diagnosed. My aunt and cousins are doing OK, but this loss is a big change. That’s all I can say. Anything more would be too little.

6 Comments:

  • I'm so sorry for your loss.

    By Blogger Wendy, at 11:05 AM  

  • I'm sorry about your Uncle, and what that put everyone through. Six weeks - yikes.

    We need to catch up - are you working in my area any time soon?

    XXOO

    JCC

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:51 PM  

  • I'm sorry, Jen. I'll be keeping you all in my thoughts.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:18 PM  

  • Jen, I'm so sorry for your loss. *hug* If there's anything I can do, please let me know.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:02 AM  

  • Apple, thank you. Who are you, please?

    By Blogger Talentedhands, at 9:15 AM  

  • Oh gee, sorry, Jen: I thought you'd recognize my Faire/LJ name! This is Marissa of the Downstage Left Singers! *grin* (SpicyAppleGirl on LJ)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counters
free hit counters