Talentedhands

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas with raisins, please.

Roxanne has been a lot of fun this Christmas season. She loves all the decorations and colorful lights, and every morning, she hurries me the living room to turn on the Christmas tree ("tippans twee"). By the way, what's funny about her pronunciation of "Christmas" is that she has lots and lots of very clear words -- just not this one.

She started to get the general idea about Santa this year. Here she is, leaving Santa some cookies (Dan handled the milk.)


On Christmas day, we drove up to visit my Aunt and cousins in the Philadelphia area, as we have for several years. On the way up, Roxanne was snacking on some raisins, when I heard:

"Raisin in nose?"

I replied, "No, Roxanne, don't put the raisin in your nose."

"Raisin in nose." (pointing to nose)

She had never put anything in her nose before, so I thought maybe she was just goofing around. I asked her to put her head back, and I peered into her nose, and could just barely see... a raisin.

Dan pulled over the car, I jumped into the back seat with my tweezers, and yanked it out after a couple of tries. It had swelled a little, being dried fruit and all. But all was well. As Fencergal said later, "It's just not Christmas until someone puts a raisin up their nose." I think I'll embroider that on a pillow.

In other News of the Cute:

Roxanne calls herself "the baby daughter," Dan's older daughter, "the big daughter" and Dan's son "the boy daughter."



The baby daughter is exhausted from all the excitement.

5 Comments:

  • Even better than the original raisin story: she's still repeating the list of things she's not allowed to put up her nose. Love that.

    By Blogger towwas, at 12:17 AM  

  • Merry Christmas indeed! Glad your journeys were safe and with just a bit of adventure :D We must catch up soon - I'll be at work this week.

    Ciao for niao!

    JCC

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:58 AM  

  • towwas: what's on the list? :)

    By Blogger erin*carly, at 11:08 AM  

  • I'm impressed that you had a pair of tweezers to extract the raisin. Who travels with tweezers at the ready? By the way, in the picture of Roxanne carrying Santa's cookies (which is absolutely adorable!!!), I particularly like the bike's "garage" in the background.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:45 PM  

  • The Boy Daughter. Priceless. :-)

    By Blogger Minderella, at 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counters
free hit counters