Talentedhands

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Tigers and spectacles

This photo is a lot cuter if you know Roxanne is growling.

We had so much fun trick-or-treating! We thought we'd go to just a handful of houses, but our furry little creature really got into the spirit when she saw older kids running house to house, cutting through yards. I spent a fair amount of time preventing Roxanne from barreling into trees or through hedges in the process. Our neighbors were delightful. At one of the first houses, when the homeowner answered the door, Roxanne said, "Come on in!" and started walking into the foyer. We had to work on the concept that the exchange happened in the doorway, and just one piece of candy is plenty, thanks.

Roxanne got her glasses last week, and she looks adorable! I thought I'd really have to fight her to keep them on, but so far, she seems to like them. We discussed it yesterday:

"Roxanne, do your glasses make you happy?"
"Yeah."
"What makes you happy about them?"
"See."

There's no way for me to know if she really can see better, but at least she knows what they are for. We haven't had much time to capture her in all her bespectacled glory, but here's an early look.

3 Comments:

  • So CUTE!!!

    Of course, I've always been partial to women who wear glasses :)

    We miss you guys. I'm starting to suffer from withdrawal :(

    JCC

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:57 PM  

  • love love love the glasses. yay glasses, yay see!

    By Blogger erin*carly, at 11:17 PM  

  • I was in 5th grade when I first got glasses, so I remember *vividly* the switch from a fuzzy world to one where I could see what the teacher was writing on the blackboard. I'm glad Roxanne is having that experience earlier than I.

    *sigh, smile* She's adorable and I miss you guys. I should call you sometime so we can arrange a meeting.

    ~Marissa Apple

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counters
free hit counters