Facebook is killing my blog.
I recently joined Facebook, which, if you're not a member, is a strange concept that I can't explain. But the Facebook "status" feature is kind of like a one-line blog. Since I've been updating my status, I've been neglecting my blog.
See, in a one-line status update, I don't have to have a narrative or a point, or even explain things. Sure, they're vague and trite, but they still provide a great snapshot of my life. They answer the question, "so what have you been doing lately?" Here are some samples since I joined about a month ago.
[My name]
is going to the gym.
wants Roxanne to be mellow.
is surprised at how much she likes Facebook.
had a good morning where other kids entertained Roxanne.
is wondering if I should have dessert.
is going to talk less, listen more. There’s something out there I need to hear.
is trying to learn how to use her new Blackberry.
had fun at the Revels reunion!
is feeling mellow after a lovely evening walk. Time for chocolate.
just ate Carvel!
is recovering from a kids’ concert.
just finished Revels rehearsal. Very French.
is sick of the rain, so to make herself feel better about it, bought a perky red raincoat.
got her Revels costume put together after trying on enough costumes to outfit half the chorus.
actually went out for dinner & drinks tonight with Dan and friends. Crazy!
is trying to recover from a major screw-up.
thinks she may have found a long-lost friend.
was simultaneously delighted and overwhelmed at Revels dance rehearsal today.
is working today, with a headache. Massage, please!
is eating popcorn in the backyard with Roxanne.
Major themes include Roxanne, desserts and Revels. The Christmas Revels is a show I will be performing in this December at Lisner Auditorium in D.C. More details to come.
See, in a one-line status update, I don't have to have a narrative or a point, or even explain things. Sure, they're vague and trite, but they still provide a great snapshot of my life. They answer the question, "so what have you been doing lately?" Here are some samples since I joined about a month ago.
[My name]
is going to the gym.
wants Roxanne to be mellow.
is surprised at how much she likes Facebook.
had a good morning where other kids entertained Roxanne.
is wondering if I should have dessert.
is going to talk less, listen more. There’s something out there I need to hear.
is trying to learn how to use her new Blackberry.
had fun at the Revels reunion!
is feeling mellow after a lovely evening walk. Time for chocolate.
just ate Carvel!
is recovering from a kids’ concert.
just finished Revels rehearsal. Very French.
is sick of the rain, so to make herself feel better about it, bought a perky red raincoat.
got her Revels costume put together after trying on enough costumes to outfit half the chorus.
actually went out for dinner & drinks tonight with Dan and friends. Crazy!
is trying to recover from a major screw-up.
thinks she may have found a long-lost friend.
was simultaneously delighted and overwhelmed at Revels dance rehearsal today.
is working today, with a headache. Massage, please!
is eating popcorn in the backyard with Roxanne.
Major themes include Roxanne, desserts and Revels. The Christmas Revels is a show I will be performing in this December at Lisner Auditorium in D.C. More details to come.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home