Mission accomplished.
Roxanne did amazingly well with her sleep deprivation routine and EEG today. What a girl.
I was predicting massive meltdowns last night as we kept her up until midnight, and although she was fussy, she was generally fine. Dan and I owe a huge thanks to our friends S & D, who unknowingly volunteered to babysit for her until 10pm last night, thinking she'd be in bed by 7:30pm. I offered them the challenge of overstimulating our toddler, and they were just the folks for the task. Thank you!!
Waking Roxanne up at 5am this morning was a real challenge. I had to pick her up, talk loudly, turn on lights, give her milk, and generally annoy her for a couple of hours until it was time to leave. She kept saying "lay down?" and I'd say, "let's walk around!"
I'm so thankful that Dan could come with us to the EEG this morning. I kept Roxanne awake in the car, and Dan took on the job of keeping Roxanne calm while the technician attached about 25 electrodes to her scalp with conducting gel. Roxanne won't even wear a sun hat, so I was dreading the possibility of her screaming, thrashing, and otherwise making the test impossible. But Roxanne listened to Dan's calm voice explaining everything to her, and while she was a little whiney, she hardly moved.
Then it was time for her to go to sleep. Yeah, right! But Dan put his head near her on the bed, held her hand, and talked soothingly to her, and she eventually dropped off. Wow. A testament to them both.

By the time we got home, Roxanne was really tired. I'd say she was more upset during the bath to wash the gel out of her hair than she had been for the whole test. After a long nap today, she's doing fine, and I haven't seen anymore of the strange symptoms that led us to the test.
Thanks to everybody who called or emailed your support. Roxanne has quite a fan club. We should get the results from the test in about a week, and I'll keep you posted.
I was predicting massive meltdowns last night as we kept her up until midnight, and although she was fussy, she was generally fine. Dan and I owe a huge thanks to our friends S & D, who unknowingly volunteered to babysit for her until 10pm last night, thinking she'd be in bed by 7:30pm. I offered them the challenge of overstimulating our toddler, and they were just the folks for the task. Thank you!!
Waking Roxanne up at 5am this morning was a real challenge. I had to pick her up, talk loudly, turn on lights, give her milk, and generally annoy her for a couple of hours until it was time to leave. She kept saying "lay down?" and I'd say, "let's walk around!"
I'm so thankful that Dan could come with us to the EEG this morning. I kept Roxanne awake in the car, and Dan took on the job of keeping Roxanne calm while the technician attached about 25 electrodes to her scalp with conducting gel. Roxanne won't even wear a sun hat, so I was dreading the possibility of her screaming, thrashing, and otherwise making the test impossible. But Roxanne listened to Dan's calm voice explaining everything to her, and while she was a little whiney, she hardly moved.
Then it was time for her to go to sleep. Yeah, right! But Dan put his head near her on the bed, held her hand, and talked soothingly to her, and she eventually dropped off. Wow. A testament to them both.
By the time we got home, Roxanne was really tired. I'd say she was more upset during the bath to wash the gel out of her hair than she had been for the whole test. After a long nap today, she's doing fine, and I haven't seen anymore of the strange symptoms that led us to the test.
Thanks to everybody who called or emailed your support. Roxanne has quite a fan club. We should get the results from the test in about a week, and I'll keep you posted.

3 Comments:
Yeah! I am so glad she slept for the test. You should get accurate results now.
- Susan
By
Anonymous, at 1:55 PM
Yay! You three are handling everything with real aplomb. Here's hoping all is resolved well and speedily.
Hugs,
~Apple
(charter member of the Roxanne fan club) ;)
By
Unknown, at 3:47 PM
Whew! Glad to hear it.
By
Anonymous, at 11:40 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home