Nice to see you, too.
Sorry I've been out of touch. What would you like to know?
"How was your Thanksgiving? The last time we heard from you was Halloween!"
Thanksgiving was great, thanks. Dan's sister (J) and neice (S) came to visit from Illinois, and we all had a good time together. Roxanne was in heaven because her Aunt J and Cousin S were so much fun! J excelled at playing with the dollhouse, and S made Roxanne laugh. See below for proof.

Dan's kids came over for Thanksgiving dinner, so we had a nice group for the meal. I like that.
"What's up with that show you are in?"
The show is The Christmas Revels - www.revelsdc.org. Right after Thanksgiving, we really kicked into high gear. From Sunday, November 30th to Friday, December 5th I was at the theater from 5:00pm to at least 10:00pm. We had two shows on Saturday, and two on Sunday. That's a full schedule, but not really much different than other shows I've participated in. The big difference? I used to be able to sleep in to recover. Now, not so much. And I didn't get to see Dan at all during tech week -- he got up before me and was asleep when I got home. It was rough all around, but worth it. The show is excellent, and I'm honored to be a part of it. If you're in the DC area, I encourage you to come see it this weekend! The theme is French Canadian, and I have a big poufy costume and a silly hat. Who could miss that?
"How is Roxanne doing with the patch and glasses?"
She's doing just great. She doesn't take them off until given permission, and seems to be seeing pretty well. She has a check-up with her eye doctor tomorrow.
"What's the latest in News of the Cute?"
*We've been working on "please" and "thank you" lately. When Roxanne doesn't want something, she sometimes says, "no, please."
*We got our Christmas tree tonight, and Roxanne wanted to know when we would put on the "ormanents."
*I wasn't able to tuck Roxanne in bed for over a week during dress rehearsals, and when I finally did last night, she kissed me on both cheeks (melt!). Tonight she sang along with her goodnight song -- yes, melt, but also good pitch matching!
"How was your Thanksgiving? The last time we heard from you was Halloween!"
Thanksgiving was great, thanks. Dan's sister (J) and neice (S) came to visit from Illinois, and we all had a good time together. Roxanne was in heaven because her Aunt J and Cousin S were so much fun! J excelled at playing with the dollhouse, and S made Roxanne laugh. See below for proof.

Dan's kids came over for Thanksgiving dinner, so we had a nice group for the meal. I like that.
"What's up with that show you are in?"
The show is The Christmas Revels - www.revelsdc.org. Right after Thanksgiving, we really kicked into high gear. From Sunday, November 30th to Friday, December 5th I was at the theater from 5:00pm to at least 10:00pm. We had two shows on Saturday, and two on Sunday. That's a full schedule, but not really much different than other shows I've participated in. The big difference? I used to be able to sleep in to recover. Now, not so much. And I didn't get to see Dan at all during tech week -- he got up before me and was asleep when I got home. It was rough all around, but worth it. The show is excellent, and I'm honored to be a part of it. If you're in the DC area, I encourage you to come see it this weekend! The theme is French Canadian, and I have a big poufy costume and a silly hat. Who could miss that?
"How is Roxanne doing with the patch and glasses?"
She's doing just great. She doesn't take them off until given permission, and seems to be seeing pretty well. She has a check-up with her eye doctor tomorrow.
"What's the latest in News of the Cute?"
*We've been working on "please" and "thank you" lately. When Roxanne doesn't want something, she sometimes says, "no, please."
*We got our Christmas tree tonight, and Roxanne wanted to know when we would put on the "ormanents."
*I wasn't able to tuck Roxanne in bed for over a week during dress rehearsals, and when I finally did last night, she kissed me on both cheeks (melt!). Tonight she sang along with her goodnight song -- yes, melt, but also good pitch matching!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home