Talentedhands

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Summer post

I love summer. The weather, the food, the mood. Life is very good here. We took our annual pilgrimage to Illinois to visit Dan's family last month, and it was the best ever.

Here are some summer tidbits:

Roxanne loves playing in our backyard, and particularly enjoys picking the cherry tomatoes in our garden. She yanks one off the stem and pops it in her mouth before she steps out of the bed. Dan and I have yet to taste one, but I imagine they must be pretty tasty.

One day, the gnats were getting really thick, so I told Roxanne it was time to go in.

"Why?" she asked. (for the 4,000th time that day)

"It's getting buggy out here."

"Bugsy?"

I'm sure I corrected her, but thought "bugsy" sounded way better.

***

Overheard at a summer party:
"Roxanne, what kind of chips would you like with your hot dog?"

"Chocolate!"

My kind of girl.

***

Roxanne's review of the 4th of July fireworks:

"Pretty colors. Too loud."

Roxanne cried at the fireworks display until Dan stuck his fingers in her ears.

***

In the car recently, we were playing the "Where's [this person]?" game. When I asked, "Where's Roxanne?" she patted herself. She could have said, "in the car," but instead, she indicated she is where she is. Pretty profound if you think about it.


Here's our chocolate-loving philosopher, eating mulberries that fell from the tree in our yard.


3 Comments:

  • This made me smile - thanks :-)

    JCC

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:04 PM  

  • yay, picture! (i know, i'm late to the game.)

    i'm also at work and don't feel like logging in. (lame.)

    and i rhyme. kinda.

    - erin

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:34 PM  

  • Chocolate. Priceless. I'm sure she has her moments, but she sure seems to be a great kid. I love reading about those precious moments you get with her. What a joy :-).

    By Blogger Minderella, at 8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counters
free hit counters