Talentedhands

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Talkies

More News of the Cute:

Until last week, when Roxanne wanted to know Dan's location, she would say, "Daddy is?" That totally made sense to me, because I heard a leading question: Daddy is... (Well? Where is he? Huh?)

So when I finally heard her say "Where's Daddy?" I knew we had reached another linguistic milestone. She also asks, "What you eating?" Go, Roxanne.

***

Roxanne calls herself "you" instead of "me". She'll say, "Give book to you" when she wants you to hand her a book. It's a common pronoun error that kids make, and we've been clarifying with, "Oh, give the book to you? To Roxanne?"

In the car recently, I told Dan to make a U-turn. Roxanne piped up from the backseat: "A Roxanne turn?"

***

Roxanne has a cold, so we've been using a humidifier in her room. She calls it the "fa fa fire".

I asked, "Roxanne, can you say 'hu-mid-i-fier'?"

"Mid-i-fire"

"That's close. HU-midifier."

"HUGE midi-fire"

That'll do.

2 Comments:

  • *squee* ADORABLE. Must find time to come over and entertain the kiddo!

    ~Marissa Apple

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:26 PM  

  • Soooo cute! Yay. I particularly like the Roxanne-turn.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counters
free hit counters