Talentedhands

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Rock on

Toddlers are all about being on the move. When I do capture Roxanne from her roving, she might sit still for a few seconds before squirming away. Snuggling is at a premium.

One day this week when she wasn't feeling very well, Roxanne let me know she wanted to sit with me in the rocking chair. I expected her to sit for a minute at the most, but she snuggled against me and stayed put while we rocked.

"Moon," she said.

This means she'd like me to sing the last line of "I'll Be Seeing You," which references the moon, something she's into these days. I sang the last line, and when she asked for more, I sang the whole song. I ended up singing the song three times through while we rocked. I thought she had fallen alseep until she asked for "moon" again, and I obliged.

Then she wiggled down like nothing unusual had happened. I played it cool, too, but knew I had been given a lovely gift.



1 Comments:

  • Aww... that's cute! I hope Rob and I can find time to visit you guys soon!

    ~Marissa Apple

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counters
free hit counters